E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Screen shows battery with exclamation in middle. How can i…

Customer Question
Screen shows battery with...

Screen shows battery with exclamation mark in middle

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

How can i tell?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I tried to charge but got no responce

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. Let me know if any changes occur.

did that work for you?