E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I ordered two books for my Kindle. It was not charged at the…

Customer Question
I ordered two books...

I ordered two books for my Kindle. It was not charged at the time that I ordered them but is now charged. But the books have not shown up on it. What do I need to do?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time this has happened. I ordered the books on 12/28. I haven't really tried anything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.