E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I tried to synch a book on my kindle but keep getting a

Customer Question
Hi--I tried to synch...

Hi--I tried to synch a book on my kindle but keep getting a prompt that says i can't connect. then i thought i needed to update but am not sure what kindle i have. it says in the device info that i have Kindle 2.5.6. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just this time. purchased a book on amazon yesterday and had to charge up my battery. it is charged and i can see my books but can't get the one i just purchased.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there anything they need to know?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 6 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I believe that your Kindle needs an update. The Kindle OS version 2.5.6 is quite old. Can you tell me what model your Kindle is? If you aren't sure please login to your Amazon/Kindle account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click the devices tab and then select your device. You should see a TYPE and SERIAL number. Please let me know what you see there. Once I have that information I can offer detailed steps for updating your Kindle. Thank you!

Hi--I just saw that I was charged $28 for this and decided not to continue my "Free" membership. Before I continue I want to make sure I'm not being charged that $28. I was told it would be a refundable $5.
I would talk but it looks like it will cost me $20. Can you reassure me that I am not being charged $28 before I continue?

I am sorry but I must refer all billing questions to Customer Service. As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information. You can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.