E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I bought a new kindle and am trying to register it. it

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new kindle and am trying to register it. it states i have a amazon account but is asking for password. it is not accepting my password. please give me a new password ***** tell me what to do

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

InJune or July on my old kindle. it quit working on a trip. which is why i just purchased a new one

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No the kindle registration im trying to do keeps telling me to check my email from amazon for a one time only new password. i have not gotten that email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes on my old kindle i had at least three brand new books i had not gotten to read and i would like those put on this new kinlde.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 6 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to use another device (preferably a computer) to click on the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201121280.

Enter your email address and click continue. On the next page, make sure that you have selected "SET A NEW PASSWORD" and click continue. A code will be sent to your email address. DON'T CLOSE THIS PAGE. When you have the code, you will need to enter in the box here. After you've doe that you should be able to register the Kindle with your email address and your new password. Please give this a try and let em know the results.

After your password ***** been reset and you have registered your new Kindle, please allow a few minutes for it to sync When sync is complete all of your previous purchases should show up under the ALL or Library tab. Select the books that you want to download to the new kindle by tapping on them. If they don't appear automatically, you can send them to your new Kindle by taking the following steps:

Go to www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

Please give this a try and let em know the results. I will soon be logging off for the evening. If I don't hear back from you before I log off I will check with you first thing int he morning to make sure that your problem is resolved. I am committed to working with you until it is resolved to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your patience.