E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We can’t remember the passcode on the nook. More than a

Customer Question
We can’t remember the...

We can’t remember the passcode on the nook.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

More than a year

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Ok how do we factory reset?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Good morning, Harry.
I can't remember the 4-digit security passcode for my ancient Nook. After trying multiple options and combinations, I'm required to wait to try again. No other option.
If a factory reset is done, will I lose the books I have?

You will need to complete the factory reset but the books are not lost. The books will download again when you register the Nook to the same Barnes and Noble account.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you. Let's go ahead. How do I proceed with the reset?

Which model Nook do you have?