E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I recently ordered six books from Amazon. The cost was

Customer Question
I recently ordered six...

I recently ordered six books from Amazon. The cost was deducted from my balance and I received a confirmation notice. However, the books have not been posted to my library.

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

Kindle paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I have never had this problem before and have ordered many books this way. Everything is turned on (or off as the airplane mode) so I don't know what else to do.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Kindle paperwhite..."

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

I have rechecked all my connections and everything is in working order. Still no new books in my library.

Have you tried / can you please try:

• turn Off and restart/re-boot the Kindle;
  • disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the book fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the ebook that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the book be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon;
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.
I checked all the Actions boxes and still no new books

Please confirm if ALL of the above tries have been attempted/done.

Thanks.