E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I purchased a Kindle for my granddaughter through Amazon…

Customer Question
Hi I purchased a...

Hi I purchased a Kindle for my granddaughter through Amazon three years ago. She just gave it back to me because her father locked it with parental controls and no one knows the password. He is no longer in her life and I would like to reboot and erase it and start over.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

It's been a long time.. Its listed as Shantel's Fire but no one knows the password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No how does that work?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
  2. Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
  3. Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!