E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have either lost or had my kindle stolen. Nothing I would…

Customer Question
Hello I have either...

Hello I have either lost or had my kindle stolen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I would like to save the books that I had on kindle on my ipad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 6 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

As of the first step, we need to deregister your Kindle from your Amazon account.

To deregister follow the steps below:

Go to the following page from your computer: https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Then select "Your Devices"

Then select your Kindle (note down the serial number) > then select deregister > again select deregister.

To access the Kindle book on your Ipad follow the steps below:

1. Download and install the Kindle App from App store on Ipad.

2.After you download the Kindle app > log in to your Amazon account.
3.Then you should be able to see all of your purchased books listed in the "cloud" tab.
4.You have to tap a book, to download it to the device. Once it is finished downloading, you will be able to read it on your iPad.

I cannot rate your response because I have not the serial no. of my Kindle. I need a few days to see if I have jotted this info down. Also I would like not to deregister the kindle immediately as maybe I will find it at the lost and found department.
Will let you know in a week.
Thank you

Keep me posted!

I have found my Kindle and then my request is outdated. Thank you for your help
Glad to hear that you found your Kindle. You can follow my advice of downloading books to iPad if you ever want to read in iPad.
You can take some time to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top and then click Submit.
I found my Kkindle but it is broken and I had to buy a new one. I cannot therefore rate your answer
No problem, Thanks for using JustAnswer.