E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My reader has a flat battery even though I have charged it…

Customer Question
Hi, Technician's Assistant: Hello...

Technician's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Hi my reader has a flat battery even though I have charged it for 2 days. I have unplugged it and held the power button to the right and then tried recharging it but it makes no difference. the light also does not appear during the charge cycle which it use to do. thanks Peter

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon kindle model number D00901

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It has been sitting in my draw for probably 6 months and I have tried to charge it a couple of times. I have also tried it with different power plugs/adaptors but the same power cord as well as different electric wall outlets. Yesterday was the first time I noticed the instructions about slide and hold the on button

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

This is a known issue with these older kindles let me know when your on line so I an explain

Anthony

Hi Anthony
Fixed. Was the power cord
Peter
OK peter thank you
Anthony