E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cant download apps after my sister gave me her old kindle…

Customer Question
I cant download apps...

I cant download apps after my sister gave me her old kindle fire, why and how do I fix it

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle Fire?

When I put my info into it, and took her info out

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No I will try it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get apps, I tried to power it off, no help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Please ignore remote and phone request they are not sent by me they are automated through the website.

You de-regsistered the Kindle from your sister's account and you registered to your Amazon account is that correct?

I didn't do the Amazon account

You need to create an Amazon account with your information this way you have the info and can log into your Kindle with it.

Do you have an Amazon account?

I have one now, still states to contact customer service when I try to download a app
No call please

Is a free or paid app?

Free app

Does it say anything else besides contact customer service?

I have a Amazon account
No
I took her off, at least I think so

OK, use the link below you will probably have to setup 1-Click Payment Settings. It will require you have a credit card on file but does not charge for any free apps. Click Edit Payment settings and save. Then see if you can now download the app.

https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/settings/payment

Let me know how you make out.

I already did that too
Still nothing just states to contact customer service
Any other things to try please

OK, I will opt out and open to other experts who may have more solutions for you to try.

Th ill wait
I have to wait 24 hours really
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.