E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

New kindle and I have French and don't know how to get out…

Customer Question
New kindle and I...

New kindle and I have French and don't know how to get out of it and into English

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just got it and charged it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Had a kindle that died so got this one

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 6 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 6 months ago

It sounds like you are unable to change the language in the kindle. Here are the step-by-step instructions for how to make the switch.

1. Tap the Menu button the top right of the screen, which looks like three horizontal lines.

2. Tap Settings(Paramètres).
2. Tap the arrow next to Device Options(Options de l'appareil).
3. Tap the arrow next to Personalize Your Kindle(Personnalisez votre Kindle).
4. Tap the arrow next to Language(La langue).
5. Select the language you wish to change to and tap Ok.
6. Tap OK on the next pop-up. This will cause your Kindle to restart.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you