E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle seems dead...will not light up or respond to

Customer Question
Kindle seems dead...will not...

Kindle seems dead...will not light up or respond to Amazon...fully charged...? is going on...Thanks for response...Dana

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Try now...did that...green light came on for an instant...then went off...now green will not come on again...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No...thanks...need a book to read in this arctic weather!...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.