E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle will not open. It just happened. I was reading…

Customer Question
My Kindle will not...

My Kindle will not open.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It just happened. I was reading from it earlier today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No...........thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.