E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have lost the top line on my kindle paper. It happened…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the top line on my kindle paper white. It happened when I was trying to search for a book in the bookstore. The second line (go to, etc) is okay, but I cannot maneuver otherwise.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

A couple of days ago. I've tried holding down the on/off button to force it to reset, but with no success.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle once by Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialogue box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialogue box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.