E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I get a message from my kindle fire that i need to check my…

Customer Question
I get a message...

I get a message from my kindle fire that i need to check my wifi connection when opening facebook e-mail etc even though it shows that i have a connection with my home router

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Maybe 5-7 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

I have gone into wifi and now i show that I have a connection with my home router belkin but when opening facebook or e-mail or solitaire there is a loading signal and then up pops that there is no wifi connection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

This has been going on for about a week I checked with my in home wifi and phone company and there is wifi into my home and my desk top is working fine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 6 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

ok my kindle in on

After the restart, do you still have the issue?

ok my kindle in on
it slowly searches 'loading' and says check network connection i am unable after the restart to connect to wifi at the belkin 446 listed wi fi network the word saved shows but does not connect

If you try to connect to the network, does it show you an error?

ok my kindle in on
It says check your network connection
  1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.

ok my kindle in on
It says check your network connection There is "saved" that comes up below the Belkin router wi fi is on but not connected
ok my kindle in on
It says check your network connection There is "saved" that comes up below the Belkin router wi fi is on but not connected I have done this many times trying to mend this problem

If you tap on the "saved" network and select FORGET NETWORK then tap on it again to connect

ok my kindle in on
It says check your network connection There is "saved" that comes up below the Belkin router wi fi is on but not connected I have done this many times trying to mend this problem It continues to say saved and does not connect

Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.

- Please go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on your Kindle, then tap on your network name, then tap on the option called Forget. Then tap on your network name again, and see if you can connect.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I have done this and no connection

Please try:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Wait a couple of minutes.
  3. Press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.
  4. Do this again: Go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on your Kindle, then tap on your network name, then tap on the option called Forget, if shown. Then tap on your network name again, and see if you can connect.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.