E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have just received a Kindle e-reader - model # GOOO KA05…

Customer Question
I have just received...

I have just received a Kindle e-reader - model # GOOO KA05 7312 OVU6 (8th Generation) - please can you tell me how to turn on the screen light for reading at night or dark

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Yesterday it is fully charged

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I'll try again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No still unable to get light on assuming there is one?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand your concern please follow the below steps in order to turn the screen light for reading in dark:

To adjust the screen light while reading, tap the top of the screen to show the toolbar, and then tap the Quick Actions icon .

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.

• To adjust screen brightness, slide your finger along or tap the scale to reach the desired setting.

Tip: A lower setting works best for situations with low lighting, and a higher setting works best for situations with bright lighting.

• To turn the light to minimum brightness, press and hold the dim light symbol. To turn the light to maximum brightness, press and hold the more light symbol. On Kindle Paperwhite, you can also tap Max to quickly turn the light to maximum brightness.

Note: Even at the lowest setting, the light is not completely off.