E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have 2 kindles on my account. The second one is broken and…

Customer Question
I have 2 kindles...

I have 2 kindles on my account. The second one is broken and I want to replace it keeping it as the second one on my account. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

It's a basic kindle at least 7-8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It was stepped on this morning and we can't get it to turn on.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 1 month ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Yes, you can register a new Kindle on the same account. Then you can download the old purchases into your new Kindle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's exactly what we want - however you are dealing with two non-techie people. How do we register a new kindle and get the old purchases on it?

First, we will deregister your broken Kindle by following the steps below:

You can go to the Manage Your Content and Devices by clicking on this link: https://www.amazon.in/mycd
Then select Your Devices.
Then select your broken Kindle from the list and select Deregister in the Actions column.
If you get a prompt to confirm > select Deregister again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We do not want to spend $20 on a phone call or have a free trial for 7 days and then $36/month! Where is the service here that we have expected from Amazon and Kindle?

You can do the deregister thing via your computer.

That premium service request is optional. You can ignore it if not interested.

It's sent by the system, not by me.

Are you talking to me via your computer?

MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer