E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't charge up my kindle. Screen is with an empty battery…

Customer Question
Can't charge up my...

Can't charge up my kindle. Screen is white with an empty battery with an exclamation point in the middle of the empty battery.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday. I've tried to charge it but it didn't work and I can't shut it off.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Were you able to try those steps? Did you get any response from the Kindle?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?