E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paperwhite will not open. What can I do. I don't…

Customer Question
My kindle paperwhite will...

My kindle paperwhite will not open. What can I do. I don't do well chatting online. Can we talk on the phone?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It started today. It was low on charge. I charged it. Now it won't open.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle (next to the charge port) for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle (next to the charge port) for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?