E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't turn the pages - it just freezes. The other day. it…

Customer Question
HI, I can't turn...

HI, I can't turn the pages - it just freezes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

The other day. it had plenty of charge. last night I left it on to try to drain the power so I could rechargew it today but it just tu\ned itself off

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No. I will try now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you Pearl it seems to have worked.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician