E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My debit card has been accepted but still cannot download a…

Customer Question
My debit card has...

My debit card has been accepted but still cannot download a book on kindle.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

When I entered new expiry date on debit card

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No but you have all details

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your kindle and also are you getting any error message when you are trying to download book?

kindle keyboard 3g Wi-Fi 6"ink display(###) ###-####06 message is my debit card not recognised
debit card not accepted and cannot purchase book.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you have updated your debit card information in your amazon account?

I have updated card details on a/c
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, I understand your concern please follow these steps in order to restart your kindle once:

Please let me know if it works for you.

1. Slide and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.