E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I purchased new books and every time I try to open them,

Customer Question
I purchased new books...

I purchased new books and every time I try to open them, they fade to black and a big white check mark appears over the book. Also, I have purchased books where I only read a small section, and when I try to open them, the same thing happens as described above. I also purchased two book series, The Fatal Allure Series and the Calder Witch Series, which does the same thing...won't let me open them. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle Fire...don't know model number, Where can I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

About 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Just trying to open the books I purchased...nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No, Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you have tried restarting your kindle fire?