E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Sometimes when I place my finger on a word it darkens I cant…

Customer Question
Sometimes when I place...

Sometimes when I place my finger on a word it darkens I cant seem to get rid of it, when I accidently touched my reader the whole page went dark and I cant seem to get rid of it. Any suggestions

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Within hours, it had at least half a battery.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, I wont lose any books will I?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Except are there any tutorials to teach all the features.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Restarting my Kindle did not resolve the problem.

Which model Kindle do you have?

Kinle paperwhite c E0700 is on the box

To adjust screen brightness, slide your finger along or tap the scale to reach the desired setting

This is not the problem the brightness is not the issue, it is when a word or line is tapped( highlighted) that I cannot always get it to return to normat like all the other lines/words on the page.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

As I said earlier I already tried this but will try it again, It made no difference the second time. Lets forget this. I can see you are working from set questions and my situation is unusual. I will ask for refund . thank you.