E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I keep loosing the Wi-Fi connection. My husband has a kindle…

Customer Question
I keep loosing the...

I keep loosing the Wi-Fi connection. My husband has a kindle also and doesn't have the problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just started about 3 days ago. I tried turning it off and also charging it. No help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than that I haven't had many problems.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info and check for normal operation please.
Still doing it. Comes off for a few seconds and then goes off.
I can't do that right now. I have to leave and take my husband to dialysis. Can I contact you later this morning?
That will be fine.
Thank you so much.
Donna Wolf

your welcome!