E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I originally put in the wrong country, and fixed the error…

Customer Question
I originally put in...

I originally put in the wrong country, and fixed the error yesterday. It still won't let me download any games for my son. We purchased this kindle fire from a friend two days ago. I also get one for my daughter, and hers works great. Can you please help??

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle Fire?

I have not been able to download another

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I've g

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Turned it on and off does that count

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.