E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am having trouble with tv directv genie skipping to

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with tv directv genie skipping to firestick. Also in the evening when I turn t TV off - 2o minutes later te Tv comes on again.I sut dn again and it comes on 3 o4 times in the early morning.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I will check. Yes, Menu works listing various selective options.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

One week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like for it to stop skipping Also if I record a show and it skips it nullifies the recorded show. Dan

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?