E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Fire HD8 and it has locked up after going to

Customer Question
I have a Fire...

I have a Fire HD8 and it has locked up after going to netflix. This has has happened twice now with two different tablets. We took the first one back to best buy and replaced it. The replacement worked for about one day then locked up. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

Both tablets were brand-new. model***********

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Charging it over night

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of other than it seem that net-flix is crashing it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

ok trying it now

Okay standing by!

nothing on the first try want me to try 3 more times

Yes, as that is the only user level fix so you would want to be diligent in trying it several times as described.

Looks like it is working now, how do I avoid this in the future

Excellent. Hard to say as it's not a normal occurrence. It's like asking how to avoid your cell phone locking up and needing reboots- there's nothing you did to cause it, it's simply the nature of electronics to occasionally act up.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

thanks

You're welcome!

Do you need further assistance?