E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My nook will not connect to wifi even though its wifi is on…

Customer Question
My nook will not...

My nook will not connect to wifi even though its wifi is on and wifi is working in the house.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

What to do? NO

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

My lap top is connected and obviously working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, other than to tell me why this happened as I usually have no problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 month ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Try these steps please. Go to the Wireless settings on your nook.
Tap the name of your home WiFi network and then tap the Forget command. This erases previous settings for the connection. Then tap the same WiFi network name and reconnect.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I go to settings and hit wifi but no networks come up. I should also tell you that the nook is under***@******.*** but currently not at her usual home wifi connection. However the wifi connections in this house have worked before. No name of a wifi network comes up on the screen. what am I doing wrong
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did you receive my message?
try a soft reset, :
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, then release the power button. That's a fairly long time.
Then press the power button again for 2 seconds to turn on your tablet. Then check for wifi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
seemed to work...thanks so much
That's great!
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician