E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I got new Kindle yesterday. For some reason I cannot adjust…

Customer Question
I got new Kindle...

I got new Kindle yesterday. For some reason I cannot adjust the brightness of the screen and can only read when using lamp to be able to read text. There does not seem to be any place to adjust this. Can you help or is it defective?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just got it yesterday. I have tried going through all the options I can find

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to be able to read

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

far NOTHING has happened. It went back to the original screen the one with the person under the tree, the bar acros the bottom traveled across and then it went to the screen that shows choices as to what is available to read and stayed there. This is a brand now Kindle and I just need to know how to adjust screen brightness...there is no light bulb as in other units

What version of the kindle is it please ?