E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It will not come on. I have tried to charge it manytomes. Do…

Customer Question
It will not come...

It will not come on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I have tried to charge it manytomes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need the model no?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

How do I reset?

Did you read what I posted above, it tells you how to reset?

I do not think I should pay . I purchased 09/24/17
09/14/17
Oh my goodness!
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No thank you. I did not authorize a $36.00 payment. Refund my money. I am not at all happy with the service. You are nice. Thank you