E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Shows battery empty, after recharging, screen frozen held…

Customer Question
Shows battery empty, after...

Shows battery empty, after recharging, screen frozen held switch but, nothing works

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

It's been stored for about 6 months

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a model D00901

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to get the Kindle to respond after trying those steps?

No still shows empty battery, nothing works,

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Do you need further assistance with this?

No, thanks, ***** ***** wasn't worth trying to fix. Should have saved the 5. And just thrown it away

Okay good luck!

Cancel all, not worth the time involved