E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Ok, about a year ago I derigesterd my kindle Hd 8.9 and re…

Customer Question
Ok , about a...

Ok , about a year ago I derigesterd my kindle Hd 8.9 and re registered it in my husbands name. Joe Balestrieri, Undortuatley it has died and i got him a new knidle for christmas. I can not get the old one to turn on, and we can't get his information from it or can we deregister it. I have registers the new kindle under my account, but i would like to register it under his, so all the info he had on the old kindle will come over to the new one. How can we get his information to be able to derister on kindle and register a new one under his name.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

T have tried and tried t o charge it, but it won't take a charge.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes, i did that several times, it hasn't been on or used now for a couple of weeks, it just died.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all , thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you still able to access your husband's old account on Amazon?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Ok, then the first step will be to attempt to recover that account by resetting the password:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201945330

Then you can link the accounts to create a family library:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201733400

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a stupid way to converse about problems, it did not help at all. I can't believe you charge people for this service.

JustAnswer is an online question and answer site.

What did not help?

What difficulty are you having?

Pete, Engineer