E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can not get the reader to come on. It did come on with…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the reader to come on. It did come on with some info on the screen that I could not understand, lots of numbers, back up question, etc., and now it will not come on at all. I have only had it a few months (probably 4),

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I don't understand "change"

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Hold on. Trying that now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No. this may be working. Looks like it is coming on. Thank you. It is on now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician