E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle has frozen up saying I need a wi-fi connection. It…

Customer Question
My Kindle has frozen...

My Kindle has frozen up saying I need a wi-fi connection. It shows Wi-Fi Networks 45, and then rescan. Below that it lists 6 networks, and at the bottom of the page, Page 2 of 7.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

But it won't let me click on any of them

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes, I tried that; I lost the book I was reading, and can get into the archived items, thinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No; please connect me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony