E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Trying to set up printer, got knocked off line and now can…

Customer Question
Trying to set up...

Trying to set up printer, got knocked off line and now can not remember password.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Within last hour

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

No. How does that work if I can not get in?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

OK, Printer was unplugged and turned back.
No thanks on the phone call.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

What is the model number of your printer?

HP ENVY 7640
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And the computer you have is that a Windows?

I am working with a Kindle
It is the Kindle that I am locked out of.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

1. From the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch Settings .

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

The printer is working fine. Already set up wireless. It is the Kindle that has locked me out from trying to connect to the printer. I do have an HP Touch screen computer, on Windows 10 and that is working also.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

What happens when you try to print from the kindle?

I do not know the password ***** the kindle, so I can not get in and try it.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Am sorry, I am unable to help you with this.

I will open this for other experts to handle this.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.