E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Need help registering my new kindle. I tried entering my…

Customer Question
Need help registering my...

Need help registering my new kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I tried entering my password ***** my amazon account and it did not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to start using it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 6 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 6 months ago

It sounds like you are unable to login to the amazon account for registering the new kindle, In order to reset the password ***** the amazon account please follow the instruction below:

1. Go to http://amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html

2. Follow the on-screen instructions. You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps. If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us.

3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you