E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle won't accept the digital book that I got from

Customer Question
My kindle won't accept...

My kindle won't accept the digital book that I got from amazon (winter in madrid)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I tried to get it the 25th, I think. Same time I bought it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The icon on upper right indicates that YFY is on.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 6 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "will not accept it".

Thanks,

Joe

Amazon indicated that it should be on my kindle (that has always worked in the past). But this time no book was added to my device.

Have you already gone to your account to confirm the book was there (on your amazon account that is)?.

Did you try resetting your kindle?

No. Could you help me with that?

Sure I will be happy to.

I just need to know which model kindle you have?

model # D01100

Ok, that is a 4th Generation kindle touch. Please preform the following:

Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

If that does not help please let me know.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Resetting my kindle didn't help. I read the instructions in "setting up your kindle", discovered that while the YFY bars were visible, they weren't solid black, indicating that it was not connected to our YFY. I found the password ***** our YFY and connected it myself. So, through no fault of Joe's, his help didn't help me.

That was going to be my next thing I had you check if you had responded back after the reset in terms of having you check if anything internet related was working which would have then pointed to it not. In any event I'm glad you found the resolution already though I wish I could have got you that answer faster.

Have a good weekend and a Happy New Year!

Thanks again,

-Joe