E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I lost my kindle. How do I stop billing for books ordered by…

Customer Question
I lost my kindle...

I lost my kindle. How do I stop billing for books ordered by whoever found it? Can you tell me the neighbor who f

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I ave tried nothing. Just received the first bill yesterdy. Lost kindle from the top of the boot of my car about two months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I want a new ereader.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good afternoon!

Here is what you need to do to remove that Kindle from your account so you stop getting billed for other peoples purchases, and it will also lock them out of the Kindle and they will lose what they purchased on your account. Follow my steps below.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

1. Log into your Amazon.com account on your computer
  2. Hover your mouse over the Account & Lists option in the top right
  3. A menu will appear, choose Your Content and Devices
  4. Click on the Your Devices tab in the middle of the new page
  5. Locate your Kindle in the list, and click on the menu button (three dots) to the left
  6. Choose Deregister

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,