E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just received a kindle fire 10 for Christmas and I

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a kindle fire 10 for Christmas and I transferred contents from my kindle reader to my kindle fire. The only ones that transferred were the ones I already read. I had 3 in my library yet to read plus I have so e I already paid for that won't be delivered until a later time.

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just did it yesterday and my old kindle will not turn on anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just want the books I paid for and haven't read yet out on my new kindle fire.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The books should automatically transfer to your new Kindle if you registered it to the same Amazon account.

My new Kindle shows up as one of our devices on our Amazon account. Is it automatically registered or do I need to do something
No. Can you just message me what to do.
How do I register it?

No, that should be fine if it is registered on that page.

When you look at your library, do you see DEVICE/CLOUD option?

Tap on that option

Do you see the books now?

No

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

It came back on

Go back into library and check the DEVICE/CLOUD tab again to see if you can find the books

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!