E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle Fire will not turn on. It is charging now and

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire will...

My Kindle Fire will not turn on. It is charging now and every few seconds the screen flashes amazon. I tried to hold down the power button and it will make a sound like its turning on but nothing.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle Fire?

I charged it last night after finding out that it hasn't worked in over a month. I spoke with my wife who advised she hasn't been able to get it to turn on. So I charged it up last night and tried to turn it on and got nothing. When I plugged it into the USB port on my lap top the Amazon logo would flash every few seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I will try that now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's everything

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did them and there is no change

Proceed with the third and also with charging for 15 minutes and trying again. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only time there is any signs of life is when the Kindle is plugged in. I tried doing the reset while it was plugged in and unplugged

That's bad news. How old is your Kindle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
About a year

Under or over

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Engineer

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Since the Kindle is under a year old you can get a free replacement from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201014520

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Engineer