E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle wont open when i swipe it. Today. havent tried…

Customer Question
My kindle wont open...

My kindle wont open when i swipe it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Today. havent tried anything other than swiping

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Eric, Technician

More than likely what is happening is that there was some corrupt data that froze Operating System.

Go ahead and press and hold(or slide and hold) your finger on the power button for up to 60 seconds, until the Kindle forces itself to shut down. Once it does one of two things will happen, it will reboot on its own or if it does, then wait 30 seconds and then try and power it on as normal. Doing that, will ensure the system wipes that corrupt data and your Fire should boot up as normal and you can get on with what you were doing.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

where is power button? on top back?

Which model Kindle is it?