E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to register my new Kindle Fire 7 and when I try,

Customer Question
Good evening, I am...

Good evening, I am trying to register my new Kindle Fire 7 and when I try, I get a "Registration Error" stating there was an error while registering my Fire, try again later. I do have Wi-Fi connected when I do this. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Was a gift and purchased from Amazon I believe. Is a Kindle Fire 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Seems I have to reconnect to Wi-Fi everytime I turn it on, go to My Account and am told my Kindle is not registered so I try to register it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No, am good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you are getting a Registration Error, it usually means that the Kindle is unable to connect to the internet.

First, try restarting your wireless router and also reboot the Kindle device by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work you will need to try resetting the Kindle:
With the kindle plugged into a charger, hold down (or slide) the power button and hold it there for 30 seconds and then release it, the screen will flicker and the operating system will reload it should take anywhere between 1 and 3 minutes to do this.

Then try setting it up as new again.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------