E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Bought two kindle fire tablets as Christmas presents. When…

Customer Question
Bought two kindle fire...

Bought two kindle fire tablets as Christmas presents. When devices were initially turned on they had several kids apps. After shutting down and recharging, many of the apps have disappeared.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried different power sources or a different wall adapter (the part of the charger with prongs)?

Units charged fine.

Technician's Assistant: Is the charging port of your Kindle Fire clean, with the small tab inside unbent?

Why are you asking about charging? Charging worked fine. Apps have disappeared.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/26/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 7 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Let's try resetting your Kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.Please remove the USB cable also.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your Kindle for at least 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for at least 25 seconds.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Just reset both tablets (hd8 kids edition) and it is the same layout. When I search kids games in the App Store I can purchase or download free ones but what we had initially downloaded when setting up both of them seems to be gone.

Sorry for the delay,

Are you able to log in to your Amazon account from your computer?

To reinstall those deleted Apps > please go to your Kindle Home Screen > then tap Apps and select Cloud.
Then Long-press (tap and hold) the app you'd like to download and select Install.