E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can u help reboot my kindle fire? I have attempted to press…

Customer Question
Can u help reboot...

Can u help reboot my kindle fire? I have attempted to press start button for 1 min. with no result.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Approx. 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Attempted to hold start button to reboot. The words kindle fire continues to flash

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No Ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.