E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I create a nook account on the nook but it does not match…

Customer Question
Hi, I create a...

Hi, I create a nook account on the nook but it does not match the one I have in B&N I need to change the nook to pu the same than the B&N account to access the library

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Its a new one

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

I have nothing in the ebook know except the free children book

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand your concern please follow the steps in order to change the account in your nook:

To change your email address associated with your Nook you must first unregister the device by going to settings > device > unregister your Nook. You will not lose any data. After unregistering the Nook go to the B&N website, login and choose account. From here click on the link for "change your name, email or password" and change any information you wish to update. After this process is complete go back to the Nook and select settings > device > register your Nook, at which point you will enter the new username/password. Now you are finished.Please let me know if it works for you.