E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Unable to get an internet connection. I do not own a

Customer Question
Unable to get an...

Unable to get an internet connection. I do not own a computer and am trying to get a connection through my sister. She has gotten me the Wifi through xfinity.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The xfinity wifi sometimes goes off but is currently marked as connected.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know which device you want to to connect to WiFi?

Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, Please try to follow the below steps in order to connect your kindle to WiFi:

Please let me know if it works for you.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.

I have it on Wi-Fi and it is connected to my sister's xfinitywifi but when I try to load games it still says there is no network.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, Could you please try to restart your kindle please follow the below steps:

1. Hold the power switch for twenty seconds. You will need to slide the power switch along and hold it for twenty seconds before releasing it. ...
  2. Your reboot screen should appear when you release the power switch.
  3. Give your device time to reboot for a minute or two.
  4. Turn the Kindle Fire HD back on.

and then try to connect it to the WiFi and let me know if it works for you.

It still won't work when trying to open games.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if it is only happening with the games or with other applications also?

It still says wifi turned on but not to a network
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if other devices are working fine with this WiFi?

my sister has wifi but listed as webbhome and it is locked so I can't get into it. Also her computer has wifi.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, you need to connect to the same WiFi name to which the computer and other devices are connected.

Nothing seems to work. Maybe the tablet is bad. My sister was able to get her's set up with no problem.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know how old is your kindle?