E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot connect to wifi anymore I keep getting wifi error.

Customer Question
I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to wifi anymore I keep getting wifi error. It has been awhile since I could connect either of my readers

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes my phone and my computer connect okay just the reader won't connect

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your E-Reader?

I have 2 kindle paperwhites I think they are called
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, first we will try to restart your kindle please follow the step Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialogue box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialogue box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Restarted both
They have completed reboot
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know if you are able to connect to WiFi now?

Working on trying to connect
The first one returned the same wifi error response as before. Now they both just have wifi error now
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the error message what it is saying?

It just has the banner Wi-Fi error with text about cannot connect to your network retry password ***** press set up -- been there done that set up does not work and I have the correct password
of course it has your site for help. This does not seem very useful to me
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please try to disconnect the WiFi from your Kindle and reconnect it again and check if it works for you.

How can I disconnect if it never connects
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Please click on this link https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201175570 and follow the instructions in order to connect your kindle to your WiFi and let me know if it works for you.

This is exactly what we have already tried
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

If you are able to see your network name just try to click on forget network and then again try to add the network and connect to WiFi and then check if it works.

This has not been useful. How do I end this text stream and stop paying for this nonsense?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician