E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It won't connect to wifi it keeps asking for a password but…

Customer Question
It won't...

It won't connect to wifi it keeps asking for a password ***** I never had one

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

What's a reset?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Where is the specialist?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

May I know the exact make and model of your device?

modelBNTV400 3042140005524112
how do you change a password?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you have tried restarting your Nook? if not please try to restart your nook by following this steps Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds the device will shutdown after you have held the power button Once you see the screen go black you can release the power button. and then again you can try to start your nook when pushing the power button. Please let me know if it works for you.

done before will try again
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Please try one more time and let me know the result.

it still wants a password
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know is it your Nook login Password ***** your B&N account password ***** WiFi password?

it's the wifi password
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand your concern if it is your WiFi password ***** you have to check with the person who has set the WiFi password ***** you can check with your Internet service provider.

I never set a password
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Could you please try to disconnect your WiFi from your Nook and reconnect it again and then check if it works for you.

I fixed it
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

That's great it is fixed now.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your time and patience I really appreciate it.