E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Brings up book when I click on it but will not open it. Nook…

Customer Question
Brings up book when...

Brings up book when I click on it but will not open it

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Nook color

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Just today the battery is fully charged

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It is old and I don't know how to tell what version it is

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
12/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Please hold down the Power button for 30 seconds and the Nook will restart.

After the restart, check to see if the issue continues.

I held down the button for a long long time and it did not restart
I held down the power button for a long time several times and it did nothing
  1. Power down your nookColor/Tablet. Wait 10-15 seconds before continuing
  2. Press and hold power button and your "n" home button almost simultaneously (Power first and then the "n").
  3. Hold these until your screen flashes the "Touch the future of reading" message, wait 2 seconds and release buttons.
I held down the button for a long long time and it did not restart I don't see and "n" button and still cannot get it to power off
I don't see an "n" button and still cannot get it to power off

The "n" button is on the front of the Nook near the bottom.

There are no buttons at the bottom of the screen. This is a very old Nook probably 2006 according to the serial number. I guess it is just done.

Yes, you told me it was a Nook color which it isn't if the N button isn't there.

I would recommend upgrading your Nook. All of your books will transfer to the new one.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Well it does say Nook Color on the screen. BTW when I clicked on Start My Free Trial I was asked to pay $28 which I did. I would like a refund for that please.
Harry, Customer Service