E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a first gen nook the one without a touch screen but a…

Customer Question
I have a first...

I have a first gen nook the one without a touch screen but a touch panel at the bottom. I bought an e-book and it is showing up on my account on the computer, but not on my app on the phone and not on my nook. I am perplexed.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Nook-from Barnes and Noble

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Barnes and Noble e-reader? What have you tried so far?

About a week. I noticed that the e-book didn't download to my Nook. So I thought maybe I paid for a pre-order. I double checked and that wasn't it. My account said - downloaded and I was charged on my credit card for the book. I have an I-phone, so I checked my Nook app. I look on recent purchases and the book is not on the app.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I did see a message on the Nook that said "trouble downloading" . What I don't understand is if it is a device problem (Nook) why is the book also not showing up on my I -Phone. But ...the book is showing up when I go online on my desk top computer. Does that mean it was an internet connection problem? Thank you!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you have tried restarting your phone?

I will try that now.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Please follow the step in order to restart your nook press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and release after 20 seconds this action will turn the nook of now try to start it again. please try and let me know if it works for you.

I restarted both i phone and nook. No change. The nook did give me the message "error downloading update"
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if your nook is connected to WiFi now?

it says it is
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, could you please try to disconnect and reconnect your WiFi on your nook and then try to check for the book if it is downloading?

Okay I will. I haven't tried that.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, Please try that once and let me know.

I disconnected and reconnected the nook to the internet. I do not see my book yet
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Could you please try to deregister and Reregister your nook and then check if it works for you.

I don't know how to do that. Could you give me directions?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if you are facing this issue with this particular book or the other books also?

Just the last book I bought. I have 100 plus other books that I seem to have access to.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, please follow the steps in order to Deregister your nook Tap "Settings," then select "Device." Select "Unregister" to remove the Nook from your B&N.

I think it worked!!!! It is downloading now. Slowly - but it is! Thank you !
One more question! Now my shelves are gone? And I am only seeing 9 books instead of 100 plus
Getting nervous. My books are gone :(
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Please wait for some time and check once the download is complete.

Download is complete
My books are still on the App on my iPhone.( 111 items) the new book is not. On my computer and the nook, I have the new book and only 8 others.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. the other experts would be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue again.Thank you.

please because now I am worse off than when I started. I gained one book but lost 110
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I am in a panic because my books are not showing up.

Have you tried a factory reset on the Nook?

No. I will do that now
I am afraid to do this. How will I get what I do have back?

All of your books are stored on the Barnes and Noble server.

Okay. I am doing this now.
Done

Let me know if it works after the reset.

Same problem. Only showing 9 books

Are you sure that you registered it to the correct Barnes and Noble account?

i see what I have done but don't know how to fix it. My son has a Nook also. THese are his books that have downloaded. How can I find my account?

Yes, you are using the wrong account then.

Are you unsure of your account information?

I can see that my books are on my nook app on I phone but I don't remember what I used to set it up

Barnes and Noble will be able to help you locate the account. Please call 1-***-***-****

Thank you

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.